Welcome to the *new* home of the Philly Naked Bike Ride.
Get excited because the The 6th Annual Philly Naked Bike Ride is happening THIS SATURDAY, September 6, 2014!
The pre-ride gathering time and the ride time and starting location will be announced 48 hours before the ride via this site and the facebook group page. We can definitely say that it will not start in the morning and will likely happen sometime in the afternoon or evening.
Prime PNBR watching locations:
Want to participate by cheering us on? Come out to one of these points in the city to catch an excellent view of our glorious column as we ride along and wave like rock stars. What time should you get there? We’ll announce the starting time and the route on Thursday afternoon. Figure we ride at about 5-7 mph, then do the math. :)
- Rittenhouse Square
- Independence Mall
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Chinatown Arch
- Prince Music Theater at Broad & Chestnut
- Fireman’s Hall Museum near 2nd and Race
- JFK Plaza
- UPenn Locust Walk Bridge
- Logan Square
- The stoop of the National Archives at 9th and Chestnut
We are pleased to announce this information regarding the after-party:
Frankford Hall is one of the official sites of the PNBR after party!* You will have to be clothed but otherwise they will be happily welcoming riders so you can continue the fun long after the ride is over. Check ‘em out: http://www.frankfordhall.com/
Please note that the Piazza at Schmidts will not be involved with PNBR whatsoever this year. This will be the first year that the PNBR won’t be ending or going past the Piazza. They went under new management last year and they have since prohibited any nudity on their grounds, regardless of how much revenue we promise to bring them.
The ending location will not be the Piazza. Instead it will be a *surprise* ending location that will not be announced until we get to it. On Thursday afternoon, we will announce the route up until a certain point. After that you will just have to sit back, enjoy the ride and let us guide you to wherever we wind up.
Get excited for body painting!
This year Matt Deifer and his team of Bodypaint.Me will be available to get you all glammed up before the ride! Check out his incredible artwork: http://www.bodypaint.me/
Pricing for the professional body painting is TBA.
There will be a DIY station where paint will be provided for a suggested donation of $2-$5 to help cover the cost of paint and supplies. Otherwise bring your own and share with a friend!
More ways to get involved:
- Volunteer! We could especially use help with hanging up posters and passing out postcards. We are also looking for some super incredible Street Team Warriors for Ride Day. If you want to help please send an email to phillynakedbikeride@gmail@com with “volunteer” in the subject line or fill out the form: Volunteer
- Communicate: Want to get in touch with fellow riders, volunteers and organizers? Check out our facebook group, a wonderfully thriving community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/phillynbr/ You can also send us an email to email@example.com
- Donate: Want to donate to the PNBR? Go to: http://www.gofundme.com/Naked-Bike-Ride All of the supplies that are used at the starting location to keep things organized and all of the printing costs are donated by volunteers! Your contribution is much appreciated!
The Philly Naked Bike Ride is *rain or shine*, bare as you dare, and open to all people of all ages.
Rain or shine = If it rains, hails, is cloudy, or there’s a traffic jam: We’re still riding!
Bare as you Dare = You can wear as much or as little clothes as you want, it’s up to you!
Open to all people of all ages = Everyone can participate, so long as they are respectful of their fellow participants. Please see our Physical and Sexual Harassment Policy.
* The other after-party locations have not yet been confirmed because we can’t track down the managers. We honestly feel sad for them because they are missing out on a serious opportunity. If you own a bar in Philadelphia and would like to have a guaranteed crowd ready to spend some money at your establishment on Saturday night, please contact us! info[at]phillynakedbikeride.org