Here’s the news that you all have been waiting for!!! The starting location for PNBR 2015 is on Martin Luther King (MLK) Drive, just past the Sweetbriar Drive intersection, on a grassy area on the right hand side as you head up from the Art Museum. It’s a wonderful large, private area with some shade along the Schuylkill River. MLK in this portion is closed to traffic on weekends till 5pm, but MLK is open to traffic from the Art Museum to the Sweetbriar Drive starting at 12pm. If you are driving in, there is no convenient parking lots in the area. We suggest parking in Center City or close to one of the after parties. We will try to post photos on Instagram on the day of the ride to help you find the location. Go to end of the post for detailed directions to the location.
- Pre-ride Activities: 12:30pm-2:30pm
- Clean-up: 2:30pm-3pm
- Ride Start: 3pm
- Mechanical area for any simple fixes
- Photography/media check-in
**ONLY pre-approved photographers by PNBR will be granted access to photograph the bodypaint area. Please make sure you read the photography policy in the Code of Conduct.**
Old places with a new twist, and some new ones. Total distance is about 11-12 miles.
- We will head towards the Art Museum and go around Eakins Oval to head back into University City like last year.
- In University City, the route will be similar to last year, but going down Walnut St. , then heading into Center City on Market.
- Of course, we will head around the perennial favorite, Rittenhouse Square. Love the crowds that wait and cheer for us!
- We will head back on Market towards City Hall and Independence Mall.
- Annnnd, down into the 5th St. tunnel. Everybody scream!
- We will double back on Callowhill to go down 10th St. into the heart of Chinatown.
- We will then go onto Walnut, to head down the newly paved Broad St.
- Heading back east, we will go down South St. (“Meet me on South St., the hippest street in town”)
- Then down 4th St. to the ending location, Jefferson Square on Washington St.
We reserve the right to make any last minute changes to the route.
At the ending location, everybody will have to get dressed again as soon as possible, before heading to the after parties.
We have been working hard to provide some fun after party ideas for this year’s Naked Bike Ride. Read on for the details regarding what’s being offered, and capacity limits. We wish we could have a giant party to fit all of our naked bike riding friends under one roof, but since we can’t, we hope to see you at one of these venues.
NOTE: PNBR CODE OF CONDUCT APPLIES AT THE AFTER PARTIES!
*** For your own safety, You must be clothed when you leave the ride, warehouse, etc.***
- Address: 1002 Watkins St (10th and Watkins), close to the ending location in South Philly.
- Clothing optional
- Capacity is 500 people for the 2nd floor. Wristbands will be required to enter the 2nd floor.
- 400 wristbands will be available for a minimum $5 donation at the pre-ride event at the Photographer/Media check-in tent. If you can’t get to us at pre-ride, we will have 100 more wristbands at the door.
- Wristbands get you access to the 2nd floor where free beer will be offered, along with dancing to tunes queued up by several DJs. It will be 18 to enter, and 21 to drink.
**Bring ID. You’re not getting in without it**
- The first floor of the event will be open to riders who do not wish to go upstairs, don’t have wristbands, and/or are minors.
- Some really great food vendors will be on site including South Philly Barbacoa and Nach-yo truck. We will continue selling cold water at the after party as well.
- The event is being graciously hosted at someone’s private venue. Beer will not be served after 11 pm, and the private event ends at midnight.
- Only one official professional photographer (already identified) will be allowed into the event.
- Address:1624 North Front St.
- $2 Kenzinger pints & $2 Miller High Life
- Capacity: 50 people in the 2nd floor
- The 2nd floor will be clothing optional.
- Till closing at 2am
- 206 S Quince St
- Allows nudity above the waist
- Frankford Ave., north of Girard Ave.
- Not clothing optional
- Frankford Ave. and Jefferson St.
- Not clothing optional
- 13th St. and Pine St.
- Not clothing optional
If we get more bars that make themselves available, and more information , we will add them here.
Directions to the Starting Location:
From Center City, pedal towards the Art Museum at the end of the Ben Franklin Parkway, cross the Lower Level of the Spring Garden St. Bridge, and continue up the bike path on the side of Martin Luther King (West River) Drive, under Girard Ave. Bridge, past the next traffic light at Sweetbriar Drive, and find us on the grass on the right side along the river.
From 30th St. Train Station, pedal West on Market St. into University City, turn right, North on 33rd St., left at the end onto Mantua Ave., and 1st right on 34th St. past the Zoo, cross Girard Ave., go under the double arch railroad bridge, 1st right on Sweetbriar Drive, left onto Martin Luther King (West River) Drive, and find us on the grass on the right side along the river.